Hido ho! Have a sunshiney day!
Download the latest crew minutes below!
- Wandering Rose officer elections coming up June 20, 2011!
- ICF dates moved to October to coincide with Arts 2011 festival
- Outreach Goals
- Crew Nominations (Matt Q.)
- NV Coalition Meeting
- Forum updates
- Membership/Outreach update
- ICF (@8)
- Secretary search! Wandering Rose crew is in need of a secretary ... email us if you're interested!
- Matt Quizenberry joins the ranks of the crew!
About Slack Collective Studios and Gallery: A new independent gallery and working collective art studio of local DIY/alternative artists, designers, and crafters indowntown Napa.
* $150/month for approx. 100 sq ft (open floor plan)
* 3 month contracts
* Move-in by May 1, 2011 (early available)
* Attached to public gallery. (Note: access to gallery is through studios)
* Central downtown Napa location* Wifi, electricity, and artist lounge included* Street parking* Studio shares are welcome (max. four artists per space)* All spaces are rented as is (no heat, air, or specialty features)
* Artists, crafters, and designers
* Community oriented
* Emerging professionals encouraged to apply
* DIY/Indie/Alternative/Experimental influenced styles
* Various mediums (no open flames, toxic treatments or large machinery permitted)
Please email if you have any questions or if you would like to take a tour of the space! Check us out: http://www.facebook.com/slackcollective
Download application: http://bit.ly/g02Jq
The deadline for applications is Friday, April 22nd.
You can either email the application or drop it off in person (email details). Accepted applicants must be able to deliver first month's rent and move-in by May 1st. Early move-in dates are available.
The Downtown Association with Arts Council Napa Valley have announced a new art scavenger hunt! The innagural event begins this Friday, April 1 featuring Open Sign Store artist Ann Trinca. You could win an shiney new art piece from an Art on First artist ... who doesn't want to do that?!
Art on First's First Fridays will join the ranks of other downtown events giving you less and less excuses to stay inside. Clues to the hidden art piece's secret location will be posted via Facebook and Twitter starting at 5pm every first Friday of the month. Make sure to get online right away as clues will stop by 6pm and you don't want to miss out on a chance to win.
For more information about Art on First check out the website at: http://www.napaartonfirst.com/
Ask Napa's Police about Art Ordinances! NCCAC Presentation by NPD
This coming Monday, April 4th, the Napa County Commission for Arts and Culture will be having Sergeant Mike Hensley of the Napa PD as our guest speaker. The goal is to have an information session regarding Napa codes and ordinances as they relate to art. Among the topics will be what is considered graffiti, amplified noise and event permits and other things related to public art. There will be time for questions and answers from both the NCCAC as well as anyone interested from the public.
Please spread the word as this is a valuable chance to learn the perspective of the police, as well as share our perspective as artists and event organizers.
The meeting will be at the NCTPA Conference Room, 707 Randolph Street, Suite 100 in Downtown Napa.
The List Radio Update
Every month on 99.3FM The Vine, radio host Kellie Fuller brings Wandering Rose on to let the Valley know what to look forward to for local indie culture events and opportunties. Tune in to Musical Monday's on Kellie in the Morning to catch the latest news and headlines for the alternative stuff.
Coming up in March from Wandering Rose:
WR Gathering - Rootbeer Floats and Creative Folks. Thurs, March 31 @ 7.30pm. 964 Pearl St, Napa.
Crew Minutes and Financial Report for 3/7/2011
New and improved mission statement: "To provide a hub of resources, information, and advocacy for alternative arts and culture in the Napa Valley".
* Next WR Gathering - Root Beer Float Social - scheduled for March 31 @ 7.30pm
* WR will commence strategic planning in upcoming months
* ICF 2011 tentatively scheduled for Aug. 6-7, 2011
* State of the Scene (all arts) Forum being planned for April 26, 2011
- ICF: locations, project timeline, budget, crew tasks
- Forum (4/6): who will be on the panel?
- Strategic Planning
- Outreach Goals
- Knighting Jason
Call for Submissions: Spring Edition of Pangaea Highway E-Zine
Pangaea Highway, the Napa based culture conscious e-zine, is putting out a call for submissions to be published in their next issue. Pangaea is a fully user-based-content driven site that encourages entries in all mediums. The Highway is a place where free speech reigns supreme.
Submissions accepted March 11 - April 8, 2011. The new issue will go live May 17th.
Download the latest information form below!
For more details visit: http://pangaeahighway.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/pangaea-highway-submissions-e.pdf